Schools in Japan

Schools in Japan
In some Japanese schools, students wear blazers and some wear sailor blouse at school

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Perspective of a student

 Hi, I am a  student in a japanese private school. I hate the point that my school has uniforms. The design is really unfashionable and besides, teachers are strict about the lengths of our skirts. Also, I cannot understand why girls have to wear skirts when boys can wear pants. Teachers do not understand that wearing skirts in winter is so cold! We have to walk to school everyday, so I want to wear clothes that make us warm. I strongly feel that schools should allow us to wear what we want to school. It is an important way we can express our personalities.
  I think that wearing school uniforms can be a dangerous thing sometimes. My classmate told me that she was being stalked by a man who she met at a convenience store one day after school. When she noticed she was being followed, she quickly ran away to a nearby police box. She was really scared because he would come to our school sometimes and wait for my friend at the front gate at school. He was able to identify our school because of the uniform we wear. The police finally caught him so he does stalk her anymore, but that does not make my my friend feel safe again. When I heard her story, I thought that if we did not have school uniforms, it would have been a little more harder for the stalker to identify our school.
 There is another reason why I am against school uniforms. School uniforms are pretty expensive and not all families can afford them. We not only have to buy summer and winter skirts and blouses, but also socks and shoes. I think if we can wear our own clothes to school, we can save more money. I heard that schools which do not have uniforms are increasing in Tokyo so I wish all schools in Japan let students wear what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment