Schools in Japan

Schools in Japan
In some Japanese schools, students wear blazers and some wear sailor blouse at school

Thursday, June 4, 2015

School Teacher's Perspective




Hello. I am a teacher of the Japan’s private high school. I know that many of the rules in this school are very strict, which includes the way students ‘have to’ wear uniforms. These days, many of the schools are getting loose about the safety and starting to create uniforms that look cute and the length of the skirt is getting shorter and shorter. Because of that, many of the students are always holding the back of their skirt when going up the stairs in order to avoid from other people. However, this action is also dangerous because they cannot use their hands when the accident occurred.  
              From the teacher’s point of view, I think uniforms are necessary and it is because not only for the education but for safety. If the skirt was too short, not matter if it’s a uniform or a normal clothes, it is more likely for students to get into trouble on the train especially because my school is in a center of the Tokyo, Shibuya. Many people use this station and the trains are very crowded in the morning. It is dangerous for students to get on a train with many workers. In order to get rid of even just a little bit of scariness, our school’s uniform is strictly set. I just want my students to understand important the rule is and I would like them to follow then better than now.
              Moreover, two of my students got caught by drinking in the Karaoke Box. The crew at Karaoke found this out and thanks to uniform, the crew was able to tell what school they went to. So the crew immediately contacted the school and later, those two students were scolded at by other teachers. If it were not for the uniform, the crew may not have realized that they were underage, or those two students may have told the wrong information. Because I have experienced this at my school, I am so glad of uniforms at my school.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment