Schools in Japan

Schools in Japan
In some Japanese schools, students wear blazers and some wear sailor blouse at school

Thursday, July 9, 2015

What are the advantages of having school uniforms?

There are some advantages of having school uniforms. There are some examples.
1. It shows the belongings of what school the student goes which lead to their authority.
2. Decrease in social snobbery and peer pressure. Because people wear same clothes, students need not to worry about their clothes.
3. It is also said to increase the spirit of teamwork. At any occasion, students tens to feel that they belong to their school.

Moreover, for parents, it is easier to make their children wear uniforms because it is cost effective. This means that parents does not have to much so many clothes because they do no wear them everyday.

There are some more advantages, but these are the strongest reason for having uniforms.

  
Panse, Sonal. "Benefits of School Uniforms." Buzzle. Buzzle.com, 13 Aug. 2013. Web. 9 July 2015. <http://www.buzzle.com/articles/benefits-of-school-uniforms.html>.

3 comments:

  1. When I was a high school student, I had to wear the school uniform for three years. At that time, I wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible. Conversely, I heard that my friend who went to a school where uniform was not a regulation had always yearning for those stuffs. Looking back, I kind of understand what he felt since it is a symbol of what we call a blossom, and I always remember those days looking at the uniform right now. What is more, it is positive for teachers as well since it makes them easier to distinguish their students outside the school. There was a time when I went to the school trip to Nagasaki wearing school uniforms and all the tourists from foreign countries watched us with odd eyes. And I wondered if it is unusual to wear school uniforms in the countries other than Japan?

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, having a school uniform has many good points. I think uniforms really give that 'Seishun' feeling! A feeling of youth, and i have to agree with one of the good points that your wrote on the blog, by it bringing a spirit of team work. It is just like any other uniform. A police uniform, a doctors uniform, or even a McDonald workers uniform. It may be called labeling, but it is a good way to spot and understand who is in a certain group.
    When I was still in junior high school looking for a high school to go into, I was very concious about choosing a school with a cute school uniform, as it was always my dream to wear one. I was very lucky to have found a school that suited my level of eduacation as well as having a school uniform. I cannot emagine going to highschool without a school uniform.
    Sherry-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me that the 2nd "advantage" that you list (a decrease in social snobbery and peer pressure) could also be a disadvantage in that one can immediately identify the students who attend prestigious private schools and, hence, their social class and family wealth, by their uniforms. The area of Yasukuni Shrine, for example, seems to have some particularly elite private schools and the children of those schools wear uniforms that can easily identify them as possible targets of kidnapping for ransom or other mischief. That doesn't seem like much of an advantage to me. The uniform of the Korean schools in Japan which features the traditional Korean costume for girls also makes them a potential target, but for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete